I really enjoyed speaking to Year 8 at Chalfont Community College today about STEM and why they should choose STEM subjects for GCSE, A-Levels and beyond. As a female engineer by training, it is a subject I’m passionate about and a pleasure as a STEM Ambassador to be able to share my perspective.
I have included my slides and, beneath, a link to the various resources I reference in case these are useful.
References / Credits / Links:
- STEM Based Careers: http://www.wherestemcantakeyou.co.uk/docs/Why_STEM_Careers.pdf
- STEM in Swimming video: https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/elibrary/resource/35077/swimming
- Other STEM career videos see: https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/search?f%5B0%5D=field_subject%3A28
- Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0079LSJ6A/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- Women in Engineering Video: https://youtu.be/INGEB85qTlg
- Women in Science and Engineering: https://www.wisecampaign.org.uk